Monday, December 12, 2005

The Looking-Glass World...

That is New Brunswick.

Sometimes I forget where I live and how strange it can be. This morning, on my way to work, at 9:39 am, on Rt. 27 South, I saw....Lydia. Shouldn't she be gone? I know the same could be said for me, but she was walking and wearing a bookbag...usually, at least in this area and at that time of day, this is indicative of a student. She makes my blood boil cold. When I do have these sightings, I am half certain that she knows where I am going to be and purposely places herself within my field of sight. AND, she looks exactly the same!! So eerie.

Side note: I found out that New Brunswick is also known as the Devil's Playground.


4 Comments:

At 3:26 PM, Blogger Meg said...

Lydia? Wow... almost as strange as when I bumped into Laura and Bob in the Rite Aid of HP. Maybe she's a grad student? Well... at least you were in your car and didn't have to say hello.

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Christine said...

Yikes! I hate running into people who you wish you didn't have to see ever again. And for reasons unknown to me, it always seems to happen.

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

*shudder* I get the same reaction about Lydia... "Oh wow. Hi guys. I sure am glad I can hang out with you. Oh wow. You guys are so nice." Creepy.

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Alison Wonderland said...

Jess, thanks to you, I now remember exactly how she sounds. "Oh, gee, guys, let me touch your bosoms." (Ok, she never really said that, but she might as well have.) No, really, thanks Jess.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home