Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Only one month to go...


So, in a month i will be 2?. For whatever reason this birthday frightens me. Not really because it is old, but because the time has flown so quickly that it is hard believe how old I am turning. Since I am scared to turn 2?, I must throw a party/gathering for myself (unless someone wants to do it for me??*). Here are a few ideas I have had, and any possible problems that each idea poses:
  • New Brunswick restaurant and bars: it would be good to get everyone together in the city that started it all, but I don't know where everyone would stay over. It is possible that my cranky roommate will be gone by then, but I would have to wait to see.
  • Philly restaurant and bars: You SoJo/Philly girls would have to see what could happen with that since I really don't know the area. Again, the problem of where to stay the night.
  • Medieval Times: Ok, don't laugh, but since this place was recommended as a possible bachelorette party site I have had a hankering to go. I never went when everyone else goes, in 6th grade or so, and I feel left out. We could do NB bars after.
  • NYC: Since it is so expensive in the city at night, we could all wander in for a day thing. Maybe a show or a museum. Plus, Chinatown and a bit of light shopping. This would be tough if we had a large group, but we could make it happen. And, again, we could go to NB bars after.
  • ? : You guys let me know what you would want to do.
I would want to have my b-day celebration either on Jan 20th or 21st, depending on what we do and who is free when. Please let me know what you think!

*The only surprise party was for my 16th. It was thrown by my parents and only included 2 or 3 friends. All I can really remember was opening the door and seeing my grandmother sitting on the couch with a birthday hat on. It was really pathetic. A nice gesture, but pathetic.

7 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Bwahahahaaa!!! I just cracked up at the image of your grandma (well, any grandma, since I've never seen yours, specifically) sitting on a couch with a birthday hat on looking all confused. HAHAHAHAHA!! Sorry, gave me the giggles :o)

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger PVPeeved said...

I'm going to go with Medieval Times, but only if you can get a Bad Sanata, Knight, Wizard, or King to turn it into a bachelorette party.

Although I also like the thought of shooting friends with a paintball marker on Birthdays [preferably at their workplace].

Happy Holidays ;)

~PVPeeved

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Alison Wonderland said...

Jess, you have no idea...the thought of it still makes me a bit queazy. And, she didn't so much look confused as she looked slightly bored. Like she was actually waiting for the party to start. But, I am glad that it gave you the giggles. :)

And, no offense, pvpeeved, but who are you?

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Alison Wonderland said...

Jess, I am glad, as I stated above, that you are amused, but you haven't helped me, not one bit. What should I do for my birthday?!?

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Meg said...

HA! Medieval Times. There's something I love about eating with my hands. Oh, and if we go there... I'll see if I can find my princess hat. You have to wear a princess hat at Medieval Times... even if the only other people wearing them are 7 year old girls.

And if you decide to have it in good ol' NB... people are more than welcome to stay at my place. Although I probably can't fit too many people.

New York sounds fun too. I'm down for anything. Just let me know. :o)

Sorry I wasn't better help. :o(

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger PVPeeved said...

Just a random reader of blogs no offense taken or intended ;)

~PVPeeved

 

Post a Comment

<< Home