Monday, January 23, 2006

Off with his Head!!

So, since the middle of December or so, I have been talking to this boy. I "met" said boy after I posted an add on Craigs List. Now, when I post on CL, it is out of either boredom, sheer frustration with the lack of choice of boys in my area, or lonliness/a need for some sort of social interaction that doesn't involve discussing matters with my 40 something year old male customers at Starbucks or avoiding the elevator eyes of the contractors that come into my flooring store. I think that when I posted my last add I was in the midst of all of those needs and emotions, because I seem to have clung to this boy, or rather the idea of him.

Forward to about 2 or 3 weeks ago: we start to break the wall put up for us by this Information Age and begin to text and call each other. Again, slightly hungry for interaction with different people, not just from guys, but, well, mostly from guys, I start to actually think that I should come face to face with him. Ok, this may not seem like a big deal, but I talk to guys online all the time, "meeting" them mostly through CL. But I hardly ever want to meet any of them. The whole idea freaks me out and I want little to do with it.

But, this boy hints at meeting and off handedly mentions, from time to time, how I should be there with him. So, I take this to mean that he would want to meet up at some point, but that he really isn't going to push it (he knows about my internet boy phobia).

Last Saturday I text him asking him what he is doing, and it turns out he doesn't have plans. He asks me what I am doing, which, of course, was nothing, so he, ever so non-challantly, ever so coolly, mentions that I should go down to visit him. I said that I would and that I would talk to him later that evening to finallize.

At 6:30 he asks me if I am ready to go down to see him, which, led me to think (and I could be completely dilusional in this) that he wanted to see me and was looking forward to our meeting. I couldn't, but when I called him on the way home from babysitting, we spoke for about 45 mins, then I got ready.

I told him that I would call him en route (it takes about 45 mins to get down to him), so when I picked up the phone about halfway to him, I was surprised to see a text from him that he had to take his dog to the vet and that he was sorry. Ok, fine, he had an emergency. But, he didn't call/text me after that until I texted him later that night wondering if everything was ok. When I spoke with him that night, he didn't seem at all disappointed that he had to break our "date," nor did he suggest how he could make it up to me or anything. I mean, he could have even just suggested that we get together at another time. I was expecting an apology, but, damn. Throw me a bone.

This whole vet excuse seemed to be just that, an excuse. It bothered me, and still does, so I texted him yesterday asking him if he changed his mind last minute. He hasn't responded.

If he was soooo into getting together, why the shadiness? Or, was there any true intention to meet at all? It just sucks, is all. I wonder if he is going to call me...but I am not holding my breath.

6 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Blogger Christine said...

Yeah, shady bastard! I'm basically anti-boy. However, if you want some nonsensical boy advice, my boyfriend is cheap, just get him when he's good and buzzed. He'll tell you what he thinks will help you land the man of your dreams. I make no personal guarantees to the quality of this advice, however, if he is drunk enough to give said advice, he is also drunk enough to dance badly for you. Which I can guarantee as damn funny.

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Alison Wonderland said...

Oh, Chris, I do love you and your ability to make me feel better with your own brand of funny. And, I just may actually take you up on that offer, if you were to have a party, perhaps?

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Don't take his advice, Al! He's given it to me, and it hasn't helped me any.

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Meg said...

I think I may have figured it out... did you tell him I gave you a torch for your b-day? Everyone else seemed pretty scared... maybe he is too?

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Christine said...

Jess! The advice might work, if you took it. Of course the advice entails being easy for a while, but whatev.

At least you can attest to the entertainment value of the dancing.

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Alison Wonderland said...

So, I am supposed to be easy, then torch him?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home