Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Royally Miffed...

Ok, so, Meg even has new blogs up. So, I think to myself, I should blog. It has been about a week and a half since my last one, and it is about time. But I have nothing to talk about. (Hence the anger refered to in the title.) My life is unworthy of blogs. I guess you could respond with, "My blog really isn't about anything, so yours doesn't have to be either." But, my life has slipped (or, rather, fallen quite hard on its ass) into a slump, so my life all blurs into one continuous stream of work, sleep and X-Files. So, I will talk about those three things.
Work At work I really have been trying to avoid actually doing work. I play Chuzzle, which I actually own, sadly, and I seem to have a game paused at all times. I don't actually like it, although it is very much an obsession (a la Snood of 99). I also spend time talking to the Internet Boy and eating, although Charlie swears all I do is eat. He may be right.
And, a new sector of society is apparently drawn to me: painters. No, not VanGogh/Monet painters, house painters. Ok, "new sector of society" really means 2, but still.* But, if you think about it, I wouldn't have these would be suitors around me if I worked somewhere else.
And, if I don't have painters giving me elevator eyes, I have them talking down to me because they think that because I don't have a penis I can't mix paint. Hello, last time I checked, interior design was a job that was deemed worthy of women and gay men. Now, it is a man's job to mix the pretty little pigments into the big bad gallon of paint??
Sleep Besides the fact that I love it, I am not the best sleeper (which is probably why I recognize it's value). I fall asleep...wake up...fall asleep...wake up.... And, I also sleep moan and toss and turn. Real joy for whoever is "lucky" enough to find himself in my bed. Last night was no different, except for this really disturbing dream that I had about my sister. She was in the bathroom (which is a guess because I don't remember too clearly), in her undies and a tank, shaving with an old disposable razor. And, there was blood everywhere. I was really concerned that she was hurting herself, but she wasn't bothered by it. In fact, she seemed irritated that I kept asking if she was ok. Now, Freud, put that in your pipe and smoke it.
X-Files Sad but true, a fairly large part of my life. Mike L. and I started watching the first season while living togther in Highland Park. Jay joined us during the second season, and I currently go over to Mike and Jay's one to three times a week to watch X-Files episodes. We are in the middle of the forth season right now. Mike usually prepares dessert and I bring over coffee every other night or so. This is one part of my life that I would really miss if I were to move away.

So, that is my life. Well, right now, at least.


*Jess, always and forever I have had painters knocking at my door.

3 Comments:

At 1:34 PM, Blogger Christine said...

Woohoo! a post!

And you don't necessarily need to blog about exactly what's going on to you now...just blog. I use it to break up my day and I miss it when it's not there.

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

I'd be down with some X-Files watching if you moved down here... Mike and Jay could come... We'll have a nice sleeper sofa!

And I was amused by your post, but when I read the note at the bottom, I totally LOL'd.

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Meg said...

Sounds like you live an exciting life much like mine. ;o) We should combine our exciting lives to combat evil... Or prehaps just watch Project Runway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home