Friday, February 17, 2006

Eat Me!

Let me start off by singing the praises of Kashi. I loooove their Heart to Heart Golden Brown Maple oatmeal. I eat it almost every morning. It tastes like the old days, it is jam packed with good stuff, and it makes me feel warm and satisfied. With that said, Kashi must end the travesty that is their Go Lean Honey and Cinnamon oatmeal.

I was at Trader Joe's the other night and decided to try the Go Lean oatmeal because: a) they didn't have my Heart to Heart oatmeal, and b) I am an American consumer and wanted to try the Go Lean oatmeal because it is, well, new. What a Horrible, Grievous mistake!!!

I made myself a bowl, during my "down" time, between my shower and getting ready for the day. At this time every morning, I watch the remainder of Designing Women and the beginning of Golden Girls. Throw in a tasty bowl of oatmeal and I am off to a good start. But, the morning that I first tasted the Go Lean oatmeal was very different than any other oatmeal morning I have ever experienced.

The oatmeal was damn near tastelss, was thick and had a very strange texture.* And, far from inspiring me to "go lean," it actually encouraged me to eat more, since the damned oats and clusters set up shop in my stomach and refused to budge. Thankfully I didn't, which was due, in part, to the slight nausea that I felt and continued to feel all day. I wasn't sick enough to not eat, of course, again going against the whole going lean theme of this retched cereal.

So, friends, if you are intrigued by this new breakfast item, DO NOT buy a box...you can have mine.

*I believe that the odd texture was due to the "clusters" that are said to be included. Clusters of what? I have no clue.

3 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, Blogger chris said...

yeah i show at whole foods and sometimes i like to try different things (ps i love kashi stuff) but most of the new things i try are terrible and i have to throw them out...they should have warnings on the boxes like "not for everybody" or "most people say our product has no taste"...im gonna talk to my local senator about that lol

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Alison Wonderland said...

I will sign the petition.

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Meg said...

I will keep this in mind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home