Friday, February 24, 2006

`I was thinking,' Alice said politely, `which is the best way out of this wood: it's getting so dark. Would you tell me, please?'

So, I think that I have come down with the disease that has befelled a dear friend of mine.* I seem to either find guys that want nothing to do with me or want everything to do with me...and the ones that want nothing to do with me are way more attractive. I hung out with the kid from part deux of my snow weekend blog. We went to Princeton, mostly so that I could go to the Princeton Record Exchange, but also because he doesn't have any money** and I am in the middle of the Master Cleanser*** so I thought that Princeton would be a good place to explore and get to know one another. Well, I had a very nice evening, despite the fact that most of the people that knew where I was going and who with thought that I was going to get killed and/or raped. One thing kept pecking at me all night: he was too nice. Very well behaved, very complimentory, and simply would have delivered the world to me if he could. It sounds all warm and cozy in blog form, but, in reality, I am used to guys who want nothing to do with me, or are only interested in that one thing that Mom always warned you about. Guys that tell me nice things to get my clothes off. Guys that listen to punk and drink beer.**** The boy that I went out with last night didn't even try to kiss me...lord knows he would have if he wasn't such a friggin gentleman. I know that he is in the midst of reforming his ways, and I give him a lot of credit for coming to terms with his past and leaving behind a lifestyle that was going to get him killed or put in prison, but, damn. Seriously. Did he leave behind sass? Spice? Did he ever have it? And, on top of it, he plans to call me later today. It's not that I don't like him, because there is a very good chance that I could fall head over heels for this kid. He is very nice to look at, really working at making himself better, and easy to talk to. I don't know. I guess I really don't want someone in my life. Or, I feel more in control when I am the one who is more in like than the other person.

Then, today, a painter that I have a bit of a crush on, and have had for quite some time, came into work. I mean, he knows that I want him***** and I already told him that he is the one that has to call, but he is hesitating. He initiated any and all flirting and number exchanging, but he just won't follow through. He is probably near 10 years older than I am and was way hard core in his younger days****** but he seems almost scared.

I think that I expect the perfect guy to come waltzing into my life, give me only the attention that I want, call me only when he should, buy me things but not too much, allow me to take care of him but not expect it.


*Who shall remain anonymous, and she knows who she is.
**He's homeless, give the kid a break.
***A liquid cleansing fast that lasts almost 2 weeks.
****There are very nice boys that are punk-rocker beer drinkers, they just don't come around my way.
*****I know that he knows because he called me out on it today...he said it in a joking way, but he was serious. And, then he blushed.
******A blog for another day.

3 Comments:

At 2:12 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

Yes. Yes she does know who she is.

Also, I'm all for spicy men, but it seems to me that the guys you go for have way too much spice, in the past, now, in the future (always and forever)...

On the opposite side, I tend to go for the bland ones and get bored.

I'm not sure which is better.

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Alison Wonderland said...

Jess, you go for the Wonder bread, always and forever? I would think that you would gravitate toward sass...I mean, look at how you practically have fallen in love with me.

And, yeah, I like the spice. It is exciting, a bit unstable at times, different.

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Christine said...

Yes, I'm for a bit of spice...and yet, Al...not to be critical or judgmental of someone who I have not met...but, please be careful.

Love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home