Thursday, February 16, 2006

Life, what is it but a dream?

I dream a lot, it would seem, and I remember a good deal of my dreams. I attribute that to the fact that I don't go into REM as often as most people and also because I wake up all throughout the night. By waking right after a dream, it is easier to transfer* the dream from short-term to long-term memory. So, it isn't a surprise to me that I can remember the dream I had last night with the clarity that I do. The content is what I am having trouble with.

I, in the Jungian** way, believe that dreams are a way for our conscience to see into the deeper reaches of our sub-consciences. With that said, what the hell does my dream mean?? I dreamt that I was playing with a sword***, just twirling it this way and that, when I stabbed myself in the heart. Yes, the heart, not the eye, I didn't slice someone's arm off, no, I stabbed myself in the heart while twirling the sword I just happened to have. Shortly after I stabbed myself, the sword broke right at the spot where it entered my skin, so I pressed the bit of sword into me so that it would stay put, and hopefully I would lose less blood. But, of course, I coughed and the piece popped right out. I grabbed the nearest piece of fabric, which happened to be a pair of clean underwear, and which a random guy attached to me using a bathing suit top.**** I laid down where I was, which was in this room of sorts where the people kept moving about as if they were swimming, and I believe that there was even some swimming going on. There was a lazy river in this "room" which I even floated about on using a tube, in an attempt to calm myself. It was a long time before my stab wound was attended to, during which I really believed that I was going to die. The whole time I was waiting to get fixed, the people around me were trying to reassure me that I was going to be fine. I was getting frustrated that everyone was taking their sweet time to help me, but I finally gave in and relaxed. I fell asleep or passed out, and when I came to***** I was fine. And then I woke up.

So, any ideas?


*Yes, that is a medical term.
**For all you hooligans, that's pron. "Yoongian"
***Well, what else would you do with a sword?
****To apply pressure to the wound with the least amount of effort...duh.
*****Yes, all the while I was still dreaming.

5 Comments:

At 6:32 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

From the Swoon.com dream search for "sword":
"Ouch. Of all weapons in your dream arsenal, the sword's steely blade most portends potential phallic frustration or dysfunction. In other cases, a sword represents a swift solution to some kind of mess. If the sword is rusted, this fast action will present complications of its own."
So... apparently you are sexually frustrated and are looking for a wuick fix. By stabbing yourself.

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

And by wuick, I mean quick :oP

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Meg said...

Wow. Well... Um... Bleeding Heart? Sword? Swimming? Maybe it was the gelato?

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Alison Wonderland said...

I actually think that Meg is closer on this one...sorry Jess.

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Alison Wonderland said...

Or, maybe my phallis is dysfunctional and this is a way to let you all know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home