Monday, February 06, 2006

Queen of Hearts?

Ok, let me first say that I am not bitter, nor do I begrudge people the happiness found in their relationships. It is hard, though, to love and be loved during this time of year. I have many people in my life whom I love and who love me, but I am still led to believe that this isn't enough. I must have a "love" or a "lover" to be complete, if only at this time of year. The rest of the year can be filled with flings and flirtations, but if I go out on Valentine's Day with a random boy, I am desperate. If I go out on Valentine's Day with a friend, esp a female friend, I am sad. Pathetic. I want to enjoy this time of sweets and flowers and red (one of my favorite colors) without needing a man on my arm, let alone a man that I am in love with. Way too much work. I usually spend the "holiday" with my sister...a person I love, but whom I am not in love with. Isn't that good enough?

3 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger Meg said...

Valentines day is whatever you make of it. You're only pathetic if you think you are. And it doesn't matter if you go with a girl... these days you could be out on some hot date. ;o)

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Christine said...

I say go out with and/or do, whomever or whatever you would like. All dirty things you can make out of that first statement are fully intended. V-day is only so big to people because of Hallmark. Don't fret my pet, you aren't sad or pathetic, nor do you need anyone unless you want to. You're excellent.
And may I add, one hot piece of ass! I love, love, LOVE your pic :)

 
At 12:25 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

Don't you love how the people with boyfriends are the ones telling you not to worry about V-day? I hear ya, sista! I shall feel pathetic with you, either making us less pathetic for being part of a group, or more pathetic for pining away together!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home