Monday, March 13, 2006

Idle Nonsense

One thing that I have noticed lately is that there are a lot of really pretty, young Black women that are dating/hanging out with really gross, smarmy White and Latino men. The women are usually early-to mid-2o's and their companions tend to be in their 40's or 50's. Now, I'm all about not descriminating, especially when it comes to love, but, jeez. One instance that comes to mind happened in the tattoo shop that I go to. I was just hanging out, shootin the breeze, when in walks a young Black woman who wants to get an upper arm tattoo that features the name of some guy. Well, in walks the guy who's name will soon be etched into this woman's flesh, yelling "What the hell are you doing? Blah Blah Blah" I mean, he drove her there so he obviously knew what she was there for...not to mention that he probably had something to do with deciding what was going to be on her arm. I guess she was taking too long, but either way, there is no need to walk into any place, let alone a public place, and loudly disrespect someone like that. And while he was waiting for her to get his name permanently on her flesh, he just stood there, scowl and all. These women seriously need to realize their potential and find someone that is worthy of them.

*************

Ok, I need advice. There is this boy that I am trying to get to know, but he lives about an hour and a half away, so we pretty much just email back and forth. He has come to visit me twice so far, basically driving an hour and a half so that we can hang out for a few hours, only to have to drive an hour and a half home. He hasn't complained in any way, nor has he asked me to come down to him, but I can't make the boy drive that distance all the time. And, since my car is leased, I can't afford to put too many miles on it. So, my question is: Is it worth the effort to try to get to know this boy? Is it worth it, if it comes to this, to start a relationship that is long-distance from the get go?

3 Comments:

At 8:26 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

I am not a fan of long distance relationships... not that I've ever had one, but that's mostly because I don't even bother with people who live far. However. If you move down here, it won't be long distance anymore!!

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Christine said...

I say D to the I to the T, T, O to Jess. Because, yes, yes, I am that corny.

Although, an hour and a half isn't really too bad, although since moving to Philly I've gotten much lazier with the driving. But it's really a mixed bag either way. It seems to be working out ok for Amy and her not-so-mystery, mystery man.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Alison Wonderland said...

Hmm, actually, I really didn't think about Amy and Abel. I guess it is the same sort of thing...just that they already knew each other, but the distance thing must be a bitch either way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home