Saturday, March 04, 2006

`You might just as well say that "I see what I eat" is the same thing as "I eat what I see"!'

They always say, "Don't go food shopping while hungry." Everything will look appetizing and therefore you will be more likely to over-spend. They should really add to that addage "and most definitely never go food shopping while you are in the midst of breaking the fast that you have been on for the past 11 days because you will notice all the possibilities that a food store holds and buy everything in sight." Yes, that is what I did. I went to Wegmans* last night to basically stock the "essentials" that I haven't had on hand due to the fact that I haven't eaten since Feb 19th. I really wasn't hungry, but boy did I have cravings. BIG time cravings. Ok, big time turkey cravings.
When you do the fast that I did, the "Master Cleanser," you are going to experince crazy cravings.** All I wanted for the last half of the fast was turkey. Hot turkey with gravy and mashed potats, turkey sandwiches with swiss, turkey salad, cream of turkey soup. I caught myself naming all the ways turkey can be served and enjoyed...sick. Really sick. So, last night, I almost purchased a 20+ lb. turkey, but settled on a few slices of organic deli turkey. I do plan, however, to go back for the turkey...I think that he deserves his own special trip. But, needless to say, I managed to buy much more than the essentials last night, and I am way too excited.


PS How do you all feel about guys with hyphenated last names? I started emailing back and forth with this guy who has two last names. It sort of weirds me out. I know that he could have received the second last name because his mother remarried and he was adopted by the husband, or his mother kept her last name and he has both the mother and the father's last names. What do you all think?


*At least it wasn't Trader Joe's.
**According to a fellow Master Cleanser freak, she was a veggie and completely craved cheese burgers. No, not veggie burgers with soy cheese, but regular beef burgers with real godforesaken cheese. Mmmmmm.

2 Comments:

At 3:33 PM, Blogger Christine said...

Mmm..turkey.

As far as the hyphenated name, I'm willing to bet that it's his both his mom's and dad's last names. The adopted ones (from the couple I've known) usually just keep their mother's last name or their adoptive father's. But really anything is possible. But I wouldn't have it keep you from maybe missing out on a great guy. However, if maybe you're thinking he's not so great, I dare you to decline hanging out with him based on the hyphenated name. "No X, I won't be going out for coffee/drinks/dinner with you. I have a policy against dating guys with hyphenated names.

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

"Hot turkey with gravy and mashed potats, turkey sandwiches with swiss, turkey salad, cream of turkey soup. I caught myself naming all the ways turkey can be served and enjoyed..."

From now on, I shall call you Bubba.

And about the guys with hyphenated names? I say any reason is a good reason to get rid of a guy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home